Monday 11 January 2016

The Score (Off Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy - ARC Review

He knows how to score, on and off the ice... 

Allie Hayes is in crisis mode. With graduation looming, she still doesn’t have the first clue about what she's going to do after college. To make matters worse, she’s nursing a broken heart thanks to the end of her longtime relationship. Wild rebound sex is definitely not the solution to her problems, but gorgeous hockey star Dean Di-Laurentis is impossible to resist. Just once, though, because even if her future is uncertain, it sure as heck won’t include the king of one-night stands.

It’ll take more than flashy moves to win her over...

Dean always gets what he wants. Girls, grades, girls, recognition,girls…he’s a ladies man, all right, and he’s yet to meet a woman who’s immune to his charms. Until Allie. For one night, the feisty blonde rocked his entire world—and now she wants to befriends? Nope. It’s not over until he says it’s over. Dean is in full-on pursuit, but when life-rocking changes strike, he starts to wonder if maybe it’s time to stop focusing on scoring…and shoot for love.
 




OMG! OMG! OMG! I've literally just finished this and rushed on here to write my review. I'm reeling!!! That ending, I suspected something was going on, but not that. And the horrible twist. My heart literally broke. I was hoping he would get his own story (insert sobbing)...

Anyway, I loved this book. When I first heard that Allie was going to be Dean's heroine, not going to lie, I was slightly sceptical. I was one of the ones who wanted Dean to have hate-sex with Sabrina turn to love story, but Elle Kennedy proves with this book that no matter what we want, we should just trust her brilliance. 'Cause that's what this book was - absolutely brilliant. I thoroughly loved and enjoyed this book. When I got the email saying I received an ARC, I squealed, then pounced on this book like a kangaroo.

Dean. Sigh. Little-Dean. Bigger sigh. I absolutely loved this guy. Both guys (insert blushing and winking). This little man-whore had more depth to him, was incredibly intelligent, and just fun. I loved his approach to life. His zest for life was extraordinary - I loved how nothing ever bothered him and he did what he wanted, regardless what everyone thought. I especially loved that bathroom scene - sexy, but mostly hilarious. I loved how he rolled with things. I loved when he coached the kiddies (my ovaries may or may not have exploded). I just loved Dean (but I think Garrett will always hold a soft spot in my heart and be my fave).



Allie. Allie-cat. I loved this little DQ (a drama queen using Logan's acronyms). She was fun, but serious at the same time. I loved how she just accepted Dean as he is. I also loved how open, and surprisingly adventurous in bed. Not going to lie I didn't expect that. However, regardless of how much I admired and like Allie, her slut-shaming towards herself was slightly annoying, but that's just because I believe sex is not a bad thing, and neither is going after it, or having it casually. I understand Allie isn't wired that way, but it just bugged me a bit.

I absolutely loved this book. And CANNOT wait for Tucker's book. It's going to be sooooo good. I can tell by the ending (insert fan-girling, squealing, etc.)






Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment