Wednesday 6 January 2016

Bet In The Dark/Bet On Us by Rachel Higginson - Review

All Ellie Harris wanted was a life of her own. 


In a shortsighted decision, she follows her high school boyfriend to college, only to get cheated on and then dumped. And to add insult to injury her overprotective family is suddenly clinging to her again, fighting to control every part of her life.

Bad luck follows her hasty decision and when her roommate steals her identity and leaves town, Ellie is left to clean up a gigantic mess.

Fin Hunter insists Ellie owes him seven thousand dollars from an online poker game and he is determined to get it from her. Determined to keep her family out of her life, Ellie agrees to work for Fin in his illegal online poker operation. He’s given her six weeks to pay off the debt.

Soon sparks are flying between them and the only thing keeping her from falling for him is the debt she still owes and the money she doesn’t have.

At the end either Ellie will have to pay the mistaken debt or bet in the dark that her feelings for Fin will be worth more than the money.

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

This book was amazing - right from the beginning it had me hooked. I need more NA books like this one! There are no words to describe how much I loved this book.

Ellie has recently broken up with her cheating boyfriend, has the worst roommate in the world (who's stolen and sold all her furniture, and left her with $7,000 in debt in an illegal poker game, under her name), and now has a 'hitman' claiming she owes him money. Life is not going very well for Ellie. Even though it isn't her debt (she's living on Ramen noodles, she cannot afford to gamble her loose change away), she starts working for Fin to make up for the lost money. Ellie is one of them heroines I wish was real - she's amazing, strong and independent, and I just know we would be good friends. Ellie is funny and stubborn. I really admire her.

'I felt tiny in his embrace, itty-bitty compared to his long, muscled frame. But at the same time we fit together easily, like pieces of the same puzzle.'

Fin. I loved Fin. He is swoon worthy. I want my own Fin. Pretty please? Fin was caring, stubborn, loving. I absolutely love him. I loved how he pretended that he thought the debt was Ellie's just so she would keep working for him and spending time with him. I loved how fiercely loyal and protective he was of his family. And his "spies".
                             
'He leaned in to kiss the sweet spot just under my ear. He groaned as if frustrated and then whispered so quietly I almost didn't hear him, "I'm going to keep you."'

I loved her big 'overprotective' brothers. I cannot wait for Beckett's book. But I also want Fin's friends to get books also. This whole book was amazing. I cannot wait for more from this series.

'"It seemed I was always falling for you, since that first time in your apartment when you thought I was a drug dealer. And I just kept falling, harder, faster... forever, until finally I was in love with you and there was nothing else I could do about it... And will you let me help you fall in love with me too?"'


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment