Sunday 18 September 2016

The Veil (Devil's Isle #1) and The Sight (Devil's Isle #2) by Chloe Neill - Reviews

Seven years ago, the Veil that separates humanity from what lies beyond was torn apart, and New Orleans was engulfed in a supernatural war. Now, those with paranormal powers have been confined in a walled community that humans call the District. Those who live there call it Devil's Isle.

Claire Connolly is a good girl with a dangerous secret: she’s a Sensitive, a human endowed with magic that seeped through the Veil. Claire knows that revealing her skills would mean being confined to Devil’s Isle. Unfortunately, hiding her power has left her untrained and unfocused.

Liam Quinn knows from experience that magic makes monsters of the weak, and he has no time for a Sensitive with no control of her own strength. But when he sees Claire using her powers to save a human under attack—in full view of the French Quarter—Liam decides to bring her to Devil’s Isle and the teacher she needs, even though getting her out of his way isn’t the same as keeping her out of his head.

But when the Veil threatens to shatter completely, Claire and Liam must work together to stop it, or else New Orleans will burn…

Links:


The paranormal war that engulfed New Orleans seven years ago is over. But the battle for the city is just beginning . . . 

Claire Connolly is a Sensitive, infected with magic when the Veil that divides humanity from the world beyond fell. Magic can easily consume and destroy a Sensitive, and if Claire’s secret is discovered she’ll be locked into the walled district of Devil’s Isle along with every other Paranormal left in the city.

Bounty hunter Liam Quinn discovered Claire’s secret, but refused to turn her in. Together they saved New Orleans from the resurgence of magic that nearly destroyed it. But now a dangerous cult is on the rise, and it will take both Claire and Liam—and magical allies within Devil’s Isle’s towering walls—to defeat the occult threat before magic corrupts them both...

Links:


I know I've been quiet the past few weeks, but I've been on holiday. Hot sun, beach, pool, and books! I obviously took some books away with me to read around the pool and on the beach, and fortunately for me I received these in the post just before I went away by Neill's English Publishing Company (Orion Publishing Group). 

I adore Neill. Anybody who knows me knows how much I adore her Chicagoland Vampire Series (only one book left guys! One more Methan book! I will actually cry real tears when it ends.) I've been meaning to get around to reading her Devil's Isle series and the wait was so worth it! I adore these two instalment's. I heard that this series will only be a trilogy, which is such a disappointment as this series is amazing! It has so much potential! These two books are now on my bookshelf and I can't wait to have the third book join them!

I thoroughly love this series. Words do not describe how much I love Claire, Liam, Gavin, Malachi, Burke, Gunnar. I LOVE THEM ALL! 

I loved how completely different this book is. Usually in Fantasy books the paranormal are accepted, seen as superior, the rulers of the world. Neill literally flips this trope on its head. Not only are they the enemy, they're prisoner's of war locked away in Devil's Isle.

Claire is a Sensitive, meaning she's sensitive to magic that leaked during the war. She has telekinetic powers. And is a badass. But not in your face like Neill's other heroine. Merit (whom I love). Claire is fiercely loyal to those she loves and protects. She was so sweet, but strong at the same time. The contrast was amazingly well-written.

Liam Quinn. I adore thee. So much. You are up there with Ethan. But, I don't know if you've taken his place just yet, maybe in the next book. Liam is a magical bounty hunter, taking in those affected by magic or are just plain ol' paranormal. Discovering Claire has powers, he should have taken her in. But instead he decides to get her help. To help her control it. I adore Liam so much.

There's not one thing I didn't like about these two books! I don't have a bad word to say, which isn't surprising 'cause we're talking about Neill here. This series is seriously amazing! A must-read guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment