Monday 4 July 2016

Struck from the Record by K.A. Linde - Review

Clay Maxwell is a smart, quick witted, sex-driven, manwhore with the good looks to match. Plenty of women have shared his bed, but only one has ever been constant, Andrea.

Their rules were simple. When they’re together, it’s just the two of them. When they’re apart, anything is fair game. And it worked. For ten years.

But one of them has changed the game…

Clay must decide if his player ways are worth losing the one girl who has always been there.



How I didn't know K.A. Linde was releasing a new Record novel about Brady's cocky little brother, Clay, I'll never know. Have I been living under a rock? Well, technically yeah, I have. I've been pretty absent from the blogisphere for the past few months (no excuses, I just got lazy, and hooked watching awesome boxsets like Grey's Anatomy - 12 seasons in 4 weeks), so maybe that's how I missed the release of this little gem. And it is. A gem. An amazing book that gave us an insight into Clay Maxwell and not only his relationship with Andrea, but also his relationship with Brady and his family.

I loved this book - I devoured it in a day. Not even a day. Literally a few hours. I just couldn't put it down. It was incredibly interesting and intriguing. I've always like Clay, his cockiness and charm were just appealing and vastly different to Brady. Where Brady was subtle and quiet with his charm and overall sexiness, Clay's has always been in your face. He's never apologised for who he is.

Until now.

Although we got a better insight into Clay's slightly peculiar and untraditional relationship with Andrea, we never got a proper insight into Andrea. I liked her enough, but to me she was still slightly aloof. I could never get a good read on her; she said one thing and meant another. I don't like games, personally I'm a straight-shooter, but their whole relationship is a bunch of games. And they made it work. For a time. Then Andrea tried to change the rules, without explaining the new rules. I just thought if maybe they'd stop talking in circles, some unnecessary drama could have been avoided. Or better yet, if we had had a better insight into Andrea, like alternating chapters, it would have been easier to relate to her.

I also loved the secondary characters; or should I just say the main secondary character, Gigi. I adored this chick! She was so spunky, sassy and did not take anybody's crap. I'm not ashamed to admit I have a girl-crush on this chick. Please say we're getting a book about her. Pretty please? (I'm also not ashamed to say I'll bribe and plead to get Gigi's book).

I also adored seeing Brady and Liz, everybody getting their happily ever after. And I cannot wait for Savannah's book!

Overall, I adored this book. It was so refreshing to return to this much-loved series and favourite author. Read this book guys. Trust me!




Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment