Wednesday 11 November 2015

Some Girls Lie by Amy Andrews - Review

Local pub owner Jemima Jane Ericson is living a lie. She’s
been in love with her best friend Ethan since forever. But he fell in love with another woman, married her, and despite their tempestuous relationship and decade old divorce, JJ knows Ethan’s heart is still down for the count. And friendship is better than nothing, right?

Single dad and Jumbuck Springs chief of police, Ethan Weston, hits the pub the night his ex-wife remarries and announces she wants custody of their daughter. When he wakes the next morning to find himself in JJ’s bed he’s mortified that they’d crossed a line they should never have crossed. Until JJ’s abusive ex, Shane, shows up at her door and Ethan claims he and JJ are engaged to protect her.

Both are stunned by the unravelling of their normally sane lives but suddenly it makes sense – JJ gets a deterrent and Ethan gets the respectability of a wife for any custody claims. But when JJ’s life is threatened, Ethan is forced to confront feelings that may just run much deeper than convenience…
 


Although it's the last book in the series, it's also my first book by Amy Andrews. And it was amazing. I absolutely loved this book. I loved everything there was to this book.

JJ was an amazing badass woman. She was strong, fiercely loyal, and just a general badass. I loved JJ, she was just so cool and calm. I loved how she didn't take anybody's crap. She was confident in her sexuality, which was amazing to see - not many books actually do that.

I loved Ethan. The strong, protective hero. 'Sigh'. He was amazing - I loved his loyalty to JJ, Connie, his family, his town. He was just so amazing - not seeing what was right in-front of his eyes all along.

I will definitely be reading more by Amy Andrews - I'm gonna go back and read the others in the series now.



Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this lovely review. You made my day 😄

    ReplyDelete