Monday 16 November 2015

Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis #1) by Gena Showalter - Review

Grace Carlyle's world was about to change ...

Deep in the jungle on the trail of her missing brother, Grace never expected to find a secret world populated by mythological monsters -- nor guarded by a sword-wielding being whose beauty put mortal men to shame.

Darius en Kragin belongs to a race of shape-shifting warriors sworn to guard Atlantis and kill all travelers who stray within its boundaries. Yet when Grace stumbles into his realm, he finds himself tempted to betray his centuries-old vow.

Now their forbidden love will either bring their worlds together -- or tear them both apart.


I love Gena Showalter. She's one of my fave authors of this year. I've read so many books by her these past few weeks and this one was one of my faves.

Heart of the Dragon was amazing. I absolutely loved this book. I loved Grace. She was an amazing, strong-willed, loyal heroine. I loved how Grace was your normal average, every-day woman. She didn't feel special, or unique, but there's a man out there who does see her as special, beautiful, and one-of-a-kind. And for Grace that was Darius, for very own alpha-male man like in her novels that she reads and dreams about.

I fell head over heels in love with Darius in this novel. I loved the fact he was a badass dragon, his castle, his army, and how much he loves and adores Grace. I always have a soft spot for the guys who feel no emotions, and then one girl makes him feel the whole world - I especially loved how Darius was content in his adoration and fixation on Grace. I just really loved Darius and Grace as a couple.

I also loved the side story with Alex and Teira. I really loved this couple as well. So sweet and lovely.

I really loved this book, the first of the series. I will definitely be going to read the others.


Links:

1 comment: