Thursday 30 April 2015

Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Review

Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing
extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice.

Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already.

But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.


Anybody who knows me, knows how much I love this series. I absolutely adored this book. I impatiently waited for its release, and couldn't wait to begin devouring this amazingly awesome book.

So, Roxie has been avoiding Reece for months embarrassed by the slight mishap. However, Reece mistakingly believes they slept together, and even though they almost did, he passed out. He doesn't know that they never slept together as he was extremely drunk and didn't deal with the 'aftermath' well in the morning. Inadvertently, he hurt Roxie's feelings and after nursing her hurt for a while and avoiding him, she was going to come clean about what actually happened. Until Reece started avoiding her. And now one simple misunderstanding has blown to epic proportions.

I loved this book - Roxie was such a strong character and I really admired her. I had tears in my eyes reading about what happened to her bestfriend and why. One of my closest friends is gay, and it just goes to show how violent crimes still occur due to homosexuality. This really hit home for me. Roxie was quirky and loveable - she is definitely someone I'd love to know in real life. She was kickass. 

Reece. Sigh. I have a thing for guys in uniforms, or leather cuts, or football gear. Basically, I have a thing for hot alpha-males, don't sue. Reece was such a hot little sweetie pie in this book. He's had enough with this avoidance shit - the only thing he regrets about what he thinks happened that night, is the fact he doesn't remember. He's had enough, and is determined to get things back on track with Roxie. Yes, he values their friendship from before that night, but he now wants more. And he's determined to get it.

That thing with the stalker/rapist creeped me out. I live in an old house, and now have nightmares of there being a secret passageway so some creep get in to the house. Not cool.

Overall, I adore this series, and this book was just another kickass one on top of the rest. I am sooooo stoked for Colton's novella - I already love this guy. And I so cannot wait till Nick's book. 


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment