Saturday 30 July 2016

Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen - Review

The new series is set in Vermont. True North is populated by the
tough, outdoorsy mountain men that populate the Green Mountain State. They raise cows and they grow apples. They chop a lot of wood, especially when they need to blow off steam. (Beards are optional but encouraged.)

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the orchard.

The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago. 

At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.

Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.

They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.

This book is by far my favourite book of Sarina's. It's also my favourite book I've read this year. It's simply amazing. I adore this book. I adore the characters. I adore the secondary characters. There's just no words to describe how much I love this book!

Audrey was just a fun, spunky character. I adore her. She's my fave kind of heroine. Sassy but vulnerable at the same time. I loved everything about Audrey. She's the kind of girl I could be best friend's with.

I simply love Grumpy Griff. Griffin Shipley has been running his family's farm for the last few years since his father's passing. He looks after his siblings, his mother, grandfather, the farm, with little time for himself. Until Audrey re-enters his life.

Audrey and Griff had a little college fling a few years before the book begins; Griff wanted more, but Audrey never got back in touch for her own valid reasons. After failing out of two colleges, Audrey has finally found her calling; after successfully completing culinary school, Audrey has dreams of opening her own restaurant and the company she now works for is the only way for her dreams to become reality. However, the company make Audrey jump through hoops; such as acquiring Organic food from Vermont farmers at a cheap rate. Griff decides that although he and Audrey have amazing chemistry, he can't in good conscience let himself and his fellow neighbouring farmers be ripped off. 

Thus starts a battle of the foodies.

I absolutely adored these two together; I loved their chemistry, their shared appreciation of food, family and love. I loved the secondary characters. There is nothing in this book I didn't love.

This book is simply amazing and is a must read!




Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment