Tuesday 19 January 2016

Appealed by Emma Chase - Review

When Brent Mason looks at Kennedy Randolph, he doesn’t see the
awkward, sweet girl who grew up next door. He sees a self-assured, stunning woman…who wants to crush the most intimate - and prized - parts of his anatomy beneath the heels of her Christian Louboutins.

Brent has never let the loss of his leg in a childhood accident affect his ability to lead a fulfilling life. He sets high goals–and then he reaches them.

And now he has his sights set on Kennedy.
**
When Kennedy looks at Brent Mason, all she sees is the selfish, Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue-worthy teenager who humiliated her in high school to join the popular crowd. A crowd that made those years a living hell. 

She’s not a lovesick social outcast anymore - she’s a DC prosecutor with a long winning streak behind her. Brent is the opposing attorney in her next case and she thinks it’s time to put him through a little hell of his own. 

But things aren’t exactly working out that way. 

Because every fiery exchange has her wondering if he’s as passionate in the bedroom as he is in the courtroom. Each argument and objection only makes him want her more. In the end, Brent and Kennedy may just find themselves in love…or in contempt of court. 

APPEALED is a sexy, humorous romance about first crushes, second chances and the final verdict of the heart.

Emma Chase is fast becoming one of my favourite Author's and her Legal Brief Series is why. I fell in love right at the start of this series, and I fell harder in love after being introduced to each hero: The Cowboy, The  Knight and The Prince.

Brent Mason totally stole my heart in this book - this Prince was simply amazing. I totally admired this smart-ass. I loved how life didn't get him down. He approached life with a zest which was inspiring, especially due to what happened to him. Speaking of his accident, I would have liked a bit more background knowledge on that. Just to find out exactly what happened.

I loved Kennedy. I loved her take-charge, no-prisoner's attitude. This woman was a BAMF! Seriously, she was. She was kick-ass. I loved her. Kennedy was somebody I could admire. I loved how she didn't treat Brent differently because of his accident. I loved how strong-willed and stubborn she was. I even love her name. It's elegant, classy but also powerful and distinct. (I might have to steal this name for a future child - after  Harper and Evelyn ;) ).

Please say that with that special Epilogue we get a new series featuring the children? I would love a best-friends to romance novel with Robert and Vivian. That would be awesome right?

This book only took me a few hours to read and I was sad to not only finish this book, but what I'm assuming is the last in this series. (Queue tears and weeping!)

P.S. Jake Becker's my fave - this shiny knight stole my heart with his family ways and has yet to return it. Emma Chase could I steal him from Chelsea? Please? It would be much appreciated.




Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment