Thursday 8 January 2015

Falling Away (Fall Away #3) by Penelope Douglas - Review

Jaxon is the guy she's supposed to avoid.

K.C. is the girl he won't let get away...

K.C. Carter has always followed the rules - until this year, when a mistake leaves her the talk of her college campus and her carefully arranged life comes crashing to a halt. Now she's stuck in her small hometown for the summer to complete her court-ordered community service, and to make matters worse, trouble is living right next door.

Jaxon Trent is the worst kind of temptation and exactly what K.C. was supposed to stay away from in high school. But he never forgot her. She was the one girl who wouldn't give him the time of day and the only one to ever say no. Fate has brought K.C. back into his life - except what he thought was a great twist of luck turns out to be too close for comfort. As the bond between them grows, he discovers that convincing K.C. to get out from her mother's shadow is hard, but revealing the darkest parts of his soul is nearly impossible...


Oh my God! This book. The feels. 

I think this is the first book to ever give me mixed feelings about character's and their relationship...
I was convinced at one point that either the character's had bipolar, or I did. They would argue, then KABOOM! Fire. Passion. Chemistry.

Jax was an asshole. His MO was asshole, asshole, sweety-pie, asshole, asshole, etc. And yet, I fell in love with me? I was like, wait what? How is this possible? But I know how; because Penelope Douglas is a bad-ass!!! She created such a diverse, complex character in Jax and you had to deal with his jerky-side coming out once in a while, to get to the really good stuff underneath.

And K.C. (Or should I say Juliet?) What she went through with her childhood, how horrific and terrible. From what she went through, I don't understand how she wasn't more damaged. Jax pushed and pushed and pushed K.C. - pushed her to her limits. Until she finally found freedom and became herself - Juliet - not the ghost of someone else. She became stronger, independent, stuck up for herself, and I admired her for that. And I applaud Jax for pushing her.

I loved this twisted, fiery relationship. Loved how Jax wanted to be better and do better by Juliet. Loved how he spoiled her. Adored her. Oh, and I especially love their tattoos! The Wings, and Bite Marks/Juliet Quote from Romeo and Juliet.

However, there was just one thing that annoyed me about this book - nothing big or anything. It might just be me, but when Jax says "I'd cut my hair, stepped foot in an Abercrombie and Fitch, and made love for the first time." I was like, er, wait, what? Since when did you make love to Juliet? Did I miss that? 'Cause it just seemed that you screwed her, thoroughly! But, maybe that's just me.

Other than that, this book is a must read! I absolutely adored it - I got through it in just two days (71% in day one). So guys, get reading!




Favourite Quotes:

"God, baby... I missed you."

"Come here," he growled, and lifted me underneath my arms, holding me above him. I gasped, looking down at him and seeing the veins bulging on his neck.
He smiled, excitement flashing in his eyes as he stared up at me. "I fucking love you, baby."


Links:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Goodreads
















No comments:

Post a Comment